"Experience...It's Worth It!"
My focus, first and foremost, is getting to know you - your dreams, goals, challenges, and values. Your life is often filled with family, business, philanthropic, social and other obligations that fill the hours in your days. Finding the time, resources, and knowledge to effectively plan and manage your financial life can be challenging at best and maybe a bit overwhelming at times. Having a trusted professional advisor to guide you, to help ask and answer the right questions, can provide relief and confidence. Clients often value my services as it helps to relieve some of the tasks and time for them to plan and manage their finances, allowing them to focus on other major goals.
Experienced at building relationships with several generations of clients, I can also help families best plan for meaningful positive financial impact across generations, while helping ease transitions for family members during difficult times. An approach that helps provide some degree of coordination among the generations - while addressing the unique needs of each generation - and maintaining appropriate confidentiality, may help increase the opportunity for a meaningful family legacy.
I believe that information is useful only in the presence of knowledge, and knowledge is only truly powerful in the presence of experience and wisdom. The experience and wisdom I have in helping you plan for your financial future is where my value proposition comes to life!
Combining my experience and passion for helping people become financially independent, I can help you create a "blueprint" for your financial future. Your blueprint covers the critical areas of Wealth Accumulation, Protection, Distribution, and Transfer. It is custom designed and built to provide you with confidence and freedom so you can pursue your true dreams and vision for your life!
My philosophy to providing financial planning and advisory services to clients is based on three key beliefs:
- Long-term relationships
- Education and Awareness
- Open Communication
All of my efforts are designed to result in a "win-win" situation, but I cannot win until my client wins first!
With over 25 years experience in the financial services industry, I have depth and breadth of experience to help you meet your financial challenges and goals. I have helped many clients navigate a number of life experiences, and have guided them through to successful outcomes. I will work with your trusted advisors such as CPAs, Estate Planning Attorneys, and other specialists as needed to help ensure your "financial house" is structurally sound.
- Awarded the designation of Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP) by The American College of Financial Services upon completion of a curriculum of several courses related to retirement income planning.
- Awarded the title of Retirement Planning Specialist by Equitable Advisors, based upon the successful receipt of a Certificate in Retirement Planning from the Wharton School of Business
- Awarded the designation of Financial Planner upon completion of specialized continuing education at Equitable Advisors
- Member of the Financial Planning Association of Orange County
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. (FINRA) Series 7, 63, and 65 licenses; registered in California and other selected states
- Registered as an Investment Advisor Representative (IAR) in California and other selected states
- Life Insurance licensed in California (license # 0B74198) and other selected states
- Long-term Care Insurance licensed in California and other selected states
- B.S. Degree in Accounting from Bentley College in Waltham, MA
Community Service Efforts:
- Volunteer youth sports coach, including club-level travel softball (Firecrackers, American Athletics), recreational league softball (Mission Viejo Girls Softball), soccer (AYSO), basketball (various leagues), and YMCA sports programs (15 years)
- Former volunteer member of the Saddleback Valley YMCA Board of Managers (10 years)
- Former Rotarian in the Rotary Club of Mission Viejo (10 years)
- Original committee member of the Serra Padres group of Dads who volunteered to complete various projects in support of the early growth years of Serra Catholic School (3 years)
- Originally from the Boston, MA area, moved to Southern California in 1990. (Feel free to ask me about my road trip across country - a great life experience!)
- Married for over 25 years, 3 college-age children.
- Interests and hobbies: Skiing, Tennis, Reading, Music, Travel, BBQs with family and friends.